- Easy "half angle" determination
- Operator independent consistent measurements
- Dyne level readings from 10 to 70
- Simple finite liquid dispensing that employs delicate liquid placement (sessile drop)
- Bright, clear image on a large screen for display
- A remote light source keeps heat away from the sample
- Platform configurations for small samples, films, printed circuit boards (PCB), plastic ball grip array (PBGAs), round samples (spherical and tubular)
- Standard input voltage - 120 VAC (60 Hz)
What is Surface Energy?
- Surface energy is most evident in how a surface interacts with an applied liquid. Like color and texture, surface energy is a physical property. When paint is applied to a sheet of glass, it will typically "ball up" because it does not stick well to the surface. This is surface energy in action. Conversely, when liquid is applied to a different material and disperses, this is also surface energy.
Patented Measurement Method
- The CAM-Plus contact angle meter provides a patented method ("half angle") for quantifying surface energy relative to other measurements on other surfaces. This information makes it possible for accurate prediction of a surface reaction to coatings, eliminating costly trial-and-error methods. CAM-Plus is designed for test methods ASTM D20.19, D724, D5946 and TAPPI T458 cm-94.
- 6x or 12x optical kits
- Various micro stages (for samples up to 2" wide)
- Strip film stage
- PBGA 47 mm, 40 mm, and 30 mm sliding platform
- Static eliminator
- Tubular stage
- Radius stage
Input voltage - 220 VAC (50 Hz)
Main Body Height:
- Height: 15" (38 cm)
- Width: 8" (20 cm)
- Depth: 18" (45 cm)
- Weight: 28 lbs (13 kg)
Light Source Height:
- Height: 5" (13 cm)
- Width: 7" (18 cm)
- Depth: 8" (20 cm)
- Weight: 12 lbs (5 kg)
Some of the more popular test methods that this device is capable of performing.
- ASTM: D 20.19, D 724, D 5946
- TAPPI: T458 cm-94"